Saturday, March 22, 2008

Somebody give me a brake...

...cause I'm a speed freak!

Workwise I am. It is truely a drug. At first, when I pick up speed I get really thrilled. I find it amazing and energising. It it so much fun!

But after a month, things aren't going so well anymore. I miss stuff I wouldn't miss if I wasn't doing 180 mph. And then those things that I miss start bothering me. That's when I start looking back, not focusing on the road up front, still doing 180 mph.

Stupid really. Cause I know there are speed bumps ahead. I know I should go slow aproaching new areas, but I keep going fast. Luckily I haven't had any major accidents yet. Some bumps and bruises is all.

And here I am again. Tired and a bit sad (which is the normal state I end up in). I've been running on fumes for the last couple of weeks. But when I almost yelled at my main project manager the other day I realized it was time to go home and have a rest.

People won't die. I too can have some time off. Easter is a great long holiday.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Yep. Work should never be all. Take time to tickle someone whose giggle you like the sound of.