Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Not very cheerful

Been a bit tough to write for a while since most of what I type at the moment is just depressing. How did I end up here? Oh, right, I remember. I fcked up. Worked too much and spent too little time thinking about the important things and now here I am. Made my own bed, and yes sir, I will sleep in it, thank you very much.

So what did I learn? Well, I suspect quite a lot. As always. And what can I change? Quite a lot as well, but not what I want to change right now. Patience is a virtue... I will just have to suck it up and keep moving. And I can always change myself. (Yeah, easy in theory...)

The apartment swap collapsed. So I've spent part of the day trying to think happy thoughts about my current apartment. It is great. It is big. It is conveniently located next to my kids school...

And work starts in 1,5 weeks. Oh joy!
Not.
Won't go there now. Be gone evil thought!

So, where were we. Oh yeah, boring shite. Fck it. Moving on to happier things:

Had a great evening with my ex-could-have-been-mother-in-laws as they are visiting Stockholm. They had been on a boat trip the whole day and had decent weather all the way.

Where I live the weather was beautiful at nine o'clock this morning. I noticed there was not a cloud in the sky and hot already as I drove off to change my winter tires for my summer tires. (Tbh, I *had* them changed while I enjoyed a nice cup of coffee chatting away with the car tire shop owner telling me about his trip to India with his Indian wife). So *finally* I have the summer tires on! ...and can drive on them for 3 whole months as I was clever enough to book a change-to-winter-tires appointment in late October today. (Last year we had a crazy snow storm in early November and I spent the night in a hotel instead of trying to go home. It took people 5-6 hours to drive what normally takes 1 hour. Was nice to stay in a hotel, but I prefer my own bed.)

Anyhow, dinner in the city... Fanastic weather again. Warm, a bit humid, but sunny. I was surprised as at 11 o'clock, back home in my lovely flat, the sky opened and it was raining so hard it was just like watching a grey wall outside. Very cool. Thunder and lightning! I spent half an hour on my balcony having coffee and just watching the crazy rain. But during the day, it cleared up and during the evening it was a marvelous late summer evening. We had great food, nice strolls in the city and then ended up at a photo exhibition (which I will have to go back to cause it was amazing).

So all in all I've had a good day. I'm not ill. My kids are happy. I'm very proud that my teenager worked up the courage and secretly pierced another hole in her ear using a needle and not telling anyone she was going to do it!

Blah blah blah. Time for a cup of tea. Here's a picture from the restaurant.
Yes it is dark. I wanted it this way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All those horrible clouds, there's always a silver lining out there somewhere... Well done you for finding it, not sure I would have so quickly! Hope things work out!