Saturday, August 18, 2007

Exciting life

I have a very exciting life. I'm single so can you blame me? No. So that means I can do what ever I please at any time. Almost. Still have to bring home the bacon to feed my kids every other week, but part from that I am free to do what I want.

That in mind I was sitting on a rock today going over all the excitement I've managed to squeeze in during the last week. Being the last week of my vacation you can imagine I wanted to make the most out of it. Right? And what crazy stuff have I've done you might wonder. Well, för starters I've been doing laundry. It's so exciting looking for that one sock that mysteriously disappeared between the laundry basket and the washer. But that's not all! I've also been reading work papers as I skipped reading them during the week when I decided I would work from home. It was the week before my vacation started, and for some strange reason I decided I didn't have to read them now. I could read them laaaater. Well, later it is and come Monday I'd better know the content of them or I'm toast.But back to the excitement!

I did take my kids in to the big city where the Stockholm Culture Festival is happening. Good fun. Art, theater and music spread out over the city. In the music section the top act was 10 Japanese drummers, Yamato, banging away on all sorts of drums.Very cool, but the kids were moaning. They were tired and couldn't see a thing going on up on the stage as grown, tall men realised standing infront of my kids were the best place ever. We also went to the movies (american shite Evan Almighty) and watched beautiful photographs of animals.



I've been properly fed. Greek food, Thai food and at home it's been chicken, chicken and chicken. Oh, there has been seafood as well! I forgot that my mom swung by and dropped off massive amounts of seafood. She was having a party and realised she'd gotten too much food so in my freezer I now have ridiculous amounts of lobster, shrimp, scampi and tiger prawns.


I've been drinking! Black tea, Green tea, Red tea and White tea. I've had coffee and water. There was one pint of Kilkenny on the day of the Japanese drummers but part from that it has been like a detox week. I suppose that is partly the reason for me going down to the kitchen last night looking for *something*. Came back upstairs with a box of vanilla ice cream. I was only going to have a couple of spoons, but watching My Name is Earl my attention dropped and all of a sudden the whole pack was empty. Magic.


Waking up this morning I wanted to toss my alarm clock out the window. Who was the smart ass setting the alarm for 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning? Oh, right, that was me. I realized I'd be a wreck on Monday if I keep falling asleep at 3 and waking up at 11, but ffs... 8 doesn't really put me in my best mood. But I was alone so decided to have a go at the exciting laundry thing again. And what do you know. All but one sock came out of the washer.


After spending 2 hours basically doing no good, and not managing to fix me some breakfast even, I decided I'd have breakfast out. As in out in the forest. Packed my daypack with apple and tea and stepped outside to find it being a great day. Sunny but not hot´which is perfect for a walk in the forest. I'm blessed with a huge forest within walking distance from my flat, so 10 minutes later I was feeling my anger slowing down and a nice mellow feeling sipping in. Forests are great places.

Never having entered the forest from this side, I tried to locate the sun in order to be able to find my way back (Which I managed very well, as I came back to the exact same spot I started on. Mostly luck I feel.) and then I just walked and walked thinking about all and nothing until the hunter woke up. I get that way in forests. I know they are out there. I know they are hiding. And I know I will find them. It's like hide and seek. So soon enough I stopped following the path. I stopped paying attention to the butterflies, the views, the blueberries and the flowers and instead I had started to look for moss and open spaces in between the blueberry bushes. That's where they hide, the little fuckers. And sure enough, after 5 minutes I found the first patch. Then another. Then another. So having filled half of my paper bag with chantarelles and feeling very satisfied with the hunt, I sat down and had my tea and ate my apple. Sitting there in the forrest listening to music (I know it is a bit sad that I don't listen to the forrest, but I was in mood for music) I was quite annoyed seeing a fellow out walking his dog. We sneered but presented semi-polite 'hello's as he passed me sitting on my breakfast rock. I sipped my tea watching him walking away, and then I found myself thinking 'I wonder if he is married'. FFS!

I guess Monday with work starting will be good for me... I simply can't live with all this excitement.


No comments: