Thursday, June 28, 2007

Erase and re-wind

So much to say, and so little time. Anyhow. I'm here - obviousloy - and have just left another cheerful message to dave, who seem to have fallen off the face of earth. John posted a great series of shots today which made me remember it is my youngest daughter's birthday today. Congrats Isa! Unfortunately she is away on vacation so I'll just have to hold on untill she's back again.

Some of you know that I've been working working working working a lot for a very long time now, and as I am typing, we are deploying *the* last release in production, meaning the project (in which I have spent 2 years) is now ready to close.
And, for all of you who out there who can relate to (too long) SW dev projects, the complete irony is that today is also the day when it was confirmed that the company, for which all of this has been done, is being sold. Ha!

Well, I'm looking forward to the project "kick-out" next week. Purpose: Re-boot. Goal: Erase all traces of project related memory. Budget: What ever it takes to achieve the goal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am very lucky my "projects" last generally an hour possibly 2. So I can forget sessions very quickly.

Congrats also to Isa happy belated birthday from Ireland.

Dave on the other hand, hmm.
Working for retail has a few perks like cheaper clothes etc but then comes the cruncher SALES. He should be back on the planet very soon once the sales fuck off.

Anonymous said...

was meant to be belated happy birthday Isa.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).