Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Edinburgh, Scotland

Arrived here just yesterday evening. Got to the hostel fine (only one wrong turn) and then I had the great pleasure of having to stand around in the reception, where I was building up an urge to punch the receptionist in his (american) face for taking *forever* to find my reservation. But of course he found it, after deciding that it probably was quicker if he spent time looking at the screen instead of asking me questions like "was I sure I was in the right hostel?", "had I really booked via their website?" and "what do you mean you had the reservation from yesterday, but you only arrived today?". Yeah, well, anyhow... Got the keys...

Hostel is located in a good spot. It is in the Old Town and it is only a hostel during the summer period, as it is a student home other times of the year. This means the rooms are big, lockable and best of all - very clean!

So having made my way to my own nice single room I decided to have a little nap. Just for 5 minutes. Turned out to be an almost 2 hour nap, and I really had to force my self to get out of bed. Looking back it was both good and bad I went out. Bad thing is I got home 5 o'clock in the morning... Good thing was I enjoyed the company of bunch of Newcastle people, working here and just popped out for a pint. I'm not sure they went in to work this morning.

Bonus from the evening: I now have a much better idea on how construction cranes are errected! These guys knew what they were talking about! 3 were iron construction guys and 1 was a chef (with bonus skills: car theft).

Well, I got to go now. More from this beautiful city later on.

No comments: