Friday, July 20, 2007

Ireland and animals

So, I've arrived in Ireland, where it was of course raining, and are now happily seated in a nice couch in Bray. And what do I hear but complaints regarding the frequency of updates to my blog?! So this one's for you, John!

Coming over to Ireland today was OK. Part from the stupid cow sitting in the seat next to mine. I had a nice looking guy sitting in the aisle seat, and me at the window so seemed good until the cow came and filled up the mid seat. The cow title was earned by (1) smelling of beer then (2) falling asleep breathing my way (probably to really allow me to smell that fine beer breath of hers) and then finally when waking up (3) she read her news paper holding it over my space while I was trying to eat my sandwhich, and when asking her - kindly - to remove her paper she just snorted and did NOT move it. Interesting lady. She is not invited to my next party.

I read an evening news paper on the plane over. I usually don't read them as they are filled with crap, but today they were right at the gate and free so I had one. Jeeeeeeezus! They ARE filled with crap, but there was one story I really liked. A seal escaped from the stockholm zoo yesterday. It jumped out(!) of the little pool, then made its way to the real sea 500 meters away!!! But the little rascal was not clever enough. After a bit of swimming around, it got lonely, found some kids out sailing and was caught.

A more sad story was about a kitten some New York girls found and decided to have some fun with. By pouring gazoline over it and then set it on fire. Yeah, go girls. What fun...

Made me think of the camel found in a ditch in Sweden this summer. Yes, in Sweden. Big news of course. It lay there dead by the side of the road. Story behind it was it somehow was dragged after some vehicle, hurt badly the owner (some circus) put it out of its misery by the side of the road and then went to find the local police.

Ha, and that makes me think of the odd things I saw the other day. Was driving from mom's summer house out on the country side, and I passed a field with horses. Common. Then a field with cows. Yeah, right, country side. Then a field of camels. What? And then a field of elephants! Aaah, and then the circus tents were spotted. I hate circuses, but I'll leave that to another day. Now I'll go see if there is any wine I can help my nice hosts to finish, and then I might help hanging the balloons even!

No comments: