Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Darkness in people

I rarely meet people that I do not feel comfortable around. At least I usually somehow understand them in some way, but during this trip I've met quite a lot of people that I would avoid should I have a second chance.

Like "Grumpy" on the train to Copenhagen today. Whenever he was offered any kind of help, or if someone asked him a question he would pretend he didn't hear or that he heard but wanted to ignore the question or offer. This one guy from Australia tried so hard to be nice to this (Danish) man, but he just would not be charmed or even decent. The decent thing to do is at least not to be rude, right? I can only guess he felt superiour for being old and not interested in making new friends. To me he just feels poor. And silly. But I can't understand why you'd chose to be rude for no reason.

Another fellow I met on the trip was a good looking guy. He was also funny and seemed alright for most parts, but every now and then he sort of showed another part of himself. Scary as hell. Complete darkness. Like pure evil. And then he'd snap out of it and be nice again.

What does it take to change these type of people in to nice(r) people? They must be able to change. Right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be great if we were able to point a wand at these kind of people and somehow magic them and their moody cranky aura to another place in time, at least another bus/train etc anyway! Have one of those at work, nice for a bit, them just like that moody and cranky! :)

dolly said...

Well, yes. But that would only transfer the grumpy b*st*rd to some other place, wouldn't it.

So should I have a wand like that, I'd go for making the person happier. They must be miserable!

Anonymous said...

You know what you're right! Using the wand to knock the misery out of them would probably prove more productive! Wonder can you buy things like that on e-bay? :)