Friday, April 13, 2007

Trying to be positive here!

Driving home today I realized that everything going in to this blog has been negative-ish. And today was a FAN-fckng-TASTIC day with sunshine and +20 degrees which made me smile. So I was thinking I should be able to blog something more positive. (Also thinking about Kharma and all that...)
Unfortunately I realized I was not only smiling due to the great weather, when driving through the city center, I was smiling (read: smirking) watching all these fools out in the sunshine. People look like such dorks, thinking they look good. Seriously, wtf is up with this years gigantic sunglasses? They look like the comic oversized glasses sold in toy stores 10-20 years ago - and NO they do NOT make you look hot. They make you look stupid as hell.
And all these girls wearing stupid shorts worn with leggings underneath and dresses over - couldn't make up their minds when getting dressed in the morning or simply had no light/mirror?

Anyho... I was a tad bit hungover today. Had a great evening last night meeting up with a friend. The plan was an after work drink. I insisted we needed food first. And so we ended up with way too much drinking. As always. Evening ended in the
Vampire Lounge where two (dorky) DJs were playing 60's & 70's music which was unexpected but fun. Excellent drinks! So very likely to be a stop for my next night out.

As always the evening ended up with us music sharing (mobile bluetoothing), so I had my first listen to
Porcupine Tree (in the taxi home). Never heard of them, but instantly fell in love with. Follow the link and listen to Blackest Eyes. Hope you enjoy it.

In closing I'd like to express my gratitude for Alca-Seltzers! I woke up 5.00 in the morning, and wanted to die since my head was about to crack open. But downing a glass of that fine potion, I could not only go back to sleep but also wake up feeling good when going to work 2 hours later. Amazing!

3 comments:

Idiot said...

Aw man, you make me laugh. I can only agree with you on the sunglasses thing, feckin Prada arseholes thinking they are setting "trends". But on dress I can go one better...Had a VERY large girl into the store today. I am not a weightest but this girl was wearing grey hot pants and a tube top... All of us on the shop floor had to go out the back and laugh so as not to offend her. What in gods name makes people think they can wear certain clothes?? Thats like skinny me wearing large sunglasses and a wife beater whilst sporting a pair of orange speedos......mmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Jebus Dolly has a blog and to make things worse my brother tells me about it. Well glad to hear you suffered with a clod and obnoxious taxi drivers I can only hope things go further downhill for you. Only kidding but I will say welcome to the world of blogging or as we like to call it the blogosphere community. You will be linked from my page promptly and please keep this blogging up dont do ann Oyvind.

dolly said...

Da brothas in my hood! Cool.
Dave - decent of you guys to go out back. 1 Kharma point for the lot of you.
John - well, if you had read your own blogcomments with an observant eye, you would have spotted my link. But hey, happy you stopped by - do come back!